Sunday, March 2, 2014

Doyle Scholarship

Here's my Personal essay for the Doyle Scholarship:
My goal is set. Life at the University of Nevada Reno; working towards a career that I will enjoy. Ever since I can remember, I have wanted to become a Large Animal Veterinarian and have worked diligently towards this ambition. I have owned, raised and taken care of numerous animals; and I currently go to an Academy school that is career based. There, I am in the Natural Resources and Animal Sciences academy. I have secured an internship where I will get to assist a UNR Professor with all aspects of hands-on sheep management. Additionally, I have volunteered at the Nevada Humane Society and The Sierra Safari Zoo in order to gain more experience with the care of animals. This will help me through my college years, and apply me with the knowledge necessary to obtain a job as a Large Animal Veterinarian. I plan to receive my Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) at Colorado State University, due to UNR not having a DVM program. I hope to start my own practice and gain a network of people that can help me achieve this along my career path. I am able to work efficiently with other people and I have the desire to work with animals and have a fulfilled career. With endless dedication, tireless efforts, and continued education, this is something I will accomplish no matter the obstacles I might face. I am determined to achieve my dream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment