Sunday, March 2, 2014

Prediction

Alright here is what I am presuming happened to to the main character in Handmaid's Tale:
I think that the time era she is in is a time where men owned their women. That the woman's job was to make their man happy and to take care of the home, and whenever a woman didn't have a man they became slaves or were bought by other men. Now I think that the narrator had a husband (Luke), but he died, thus making her available for any man to claim her. So she is now passed around as other men's property. Since no one claimed her she is just bought from other men now to be used for her fertility. I think this book is going to be about how she is able to escape from her "role" and change how men see woman. I think this book is a pro-feminism book due to Margaret Atwood being the author and she was a HUGE feminist so some bad things are going to happen to the male characters in this book if I am correct, and that will make this book even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment