Sunday, March 2, 2014

Piano

For the past few weeks I have started to teach myself some classical songs on the piano. I have always been able to play little songs like Yankee Doodle, Heart and Soul and Happy Birthday, but have never really taught myself how to play the piano correctly. For some odd reason I developed a craving to play the piano about two weeks ago, not just small songs, but complex ones that use both hands to play, such as Mozart and Beethoven. So I started to look up piano tutorials on YouTube, starting with the Pink Panther. This song took me hours to conquer just because I had to use both of my hands, but once I got the feel of it, it became easier and easier to play. After the Pink Panther I wanted to learn to play some of the most classical piano pieces that were complicated, yet still easy enough for me to play. So I searched for one of Beethoven's pieces and taught myself how to play it, this one was deffinitely more difficult than the Pink Panther. Then I wanted something even more complicated than Beethoven so I began to teach myself Mozart's Fur Elise, which is probably one of my favorite piano pieces to both listen to and play. Now I want to teach myself a Ragtime song (Maple Leaf) but they are so complex that I think I'll just learn how to play Moonlight Sonata (one of Beethoven's pieces) first.

No comments:

Post a Comment