Thursday, February 6, 2014

College

College. The very thought of College inflicts a huge range of emotions in me: excitement, fear, frustration and nervousness. Excitement makes sense, I mean I am starting a whole new life where I will be learning things that will all directly help me achieve my goal of becoming a large animal veterinarian. I know college will probably be the best time of my life, but I also know it will be one of the most stressful. I will especially be a wreck when it comes to applying for veterinary school.
Now fear is a harder emotion to explain. I am terrified of living on my own without my parents there, I know that they will help me but I will be the one paying for the bills and rent. Not only that, but I am starting at a new school with completely new concepts, and it is huge compared to my small high school.
When I start to think of how much school I am going to have go through in order to become a veterinarian it frustrates me. I am practically going back into the 5th grade without the schoolwork getting easier. I will have to go through eight more years of school, so I really hope college will be a blast so those eight years will fly by.
Lastly I am nervous at the thought of leaving the home I have built at my high school for the past four years. Now I am going to have to go to a new place on my own and hope I don’t get lost, which is wishful thinking. College will become a great experience, it’s just the beginning of it I am worried about.

No comments:

Post a Comment