Sunday, March 2, 2014

Handmaid's Tale

I am only a few chapters in on this book but can already tell that I won't be bored out of my mind while reading the rest of the book. It is actually interesting and I don't mind if I read a few chapters ahead. It has this dark feel to it which I actually like. I am waiting for it to get funny because the blurb on the back of the book said it was funny, which I am finding hard to believe after reading about six chapters of the book. So far I have read nothing that is funny. At all. I don't even know how the author can make this book funny, it seems to be more of a serious book, but what do I know? I only just started it. Each chapter is really short and that just makes me feel like I am reading a lot more than I truly am, which in return makes me like the book even more. I have always liked when books have short chapters because it makes the story a lot more exciting, especially if the author can make each chapter end with a cliff hanger. I am curious as to what happened to the main character though, it seemed like she had it all before... hopefully I will find out soon. I definitely will not be suffering while I read this book, I have a feeling it is going to get good.

No comments:

Post a Comment